Saturday 11 October 2014

Share


I do this "blogger" thing where I choose one word every year and try my best to let that word guide my process of doing life throughout the year. It's a cool and nifty thing and I'm getting better every year.
This year my word is light
The feeling I had when I choose the word light was (for lack of a more interesting way to say it) heavy.
I've  been going through  a lot of transitioning and shedding of false skins in the last three point five years. It all gets to feel heavy at times. 
I wanted to move into the light. 
So. I painted reminders on stones and on feathers and I tucked them into my studio.
Every time I create I see them and they help ground me to the notion of what "light" is. They remind me how I can choose to be light and spread my wings into joy rather than sorrow.  How I can choose to remember my inner light and that I am divine. How I can make light in the world by spreading loving feelings and laughing in difficult moments rather than mourning. 
The action of choosing one word and excavating its meaning has really worked to put me on the right path to wholehearted living. It has guided me to make loving choices in moments of fear and to find ways to help heal and honour my heart in moments of stress. 
It truly has helped me be more conscious of my life and has been subtly pivotal in turning things around. It was the small push I needed to begin living my life according to how I feel about it. And how I want to feel. Which is free. And joyful. Clear and kind hearted. 
I want to feel light (free, unencumbered, whole, buoyant, joyful) and I want to feel lit up (from within, a sacred flame burning strong in my soul) as though I am on fire with curiosity and a passion for goodness. 
Because life is full of goodness if you allow it to be so. And when you get closer to the light you can see it so much better. 
Normally this choosing of words is officially revisited and changed at the beginning of the year, but right now my subconscious is continually being poked and prodded by the word "share" and I feel like I need to pay attention to that, so I've decided to begin trying this new word on now. It will be in conjunction with my current word light, and it won't be full-blown focused-on yet but I'm going to start allowing it to permeate my days and see how it feels. 
Share. 
Share my heart. 
Share my art. 
Be light and open into myself so much I can allow others to see my truth. Allow myself to see it.  By sharing and perhaps by knowing when not to share. 
Because there are always two sides to every story. 

Thanks for letting me share:)

No comments:

Post a Comment